One of my mentors, Holly Doherty, always says:
“You can’t put an affirmation on a bleeding, broken soul and expect it to heal.”
And she’s RIGHT!
This wisdom applies to writing:
You can’t put an affirmation “I can write!” on a no-plan writing session (or book) and expect to be able to sit down and WRITE.
One of my early coaching clients had carved out every Saturday afternoon to write. Her husband took the kids, she cleared her schedule, and she had THREE glorious alone-time hours to write.
So WHY did she ever only send me three pages to review?
And WHY were they written 24-hours before our meeting?
Because she filled her WRITING time with activities that backfired:
- 25-minute guided meditation to “set the space” for writing
- Lighting her “writing candle”
- Doing a cleansing ritual for her space
- Reciting 134 writing affirmations…
And suddenly… all her time was gone!
Affirmations backfire when you use the ACT of the affirmation in place of actually WRITING.Affirmations backfire when you use the ACT of the affirmation in place of actually WRITING. Click To Tweet
Do I think affirmations are baloney and all washed up?
In fact, as an extra bonus when you join “Finally Write Your Book” you actually GET a weekly writing affirmation sent to your inbox every Friday. (I want it to be there for any authors who write over the weekends!)
A little somethin’ somethin’ to guide you for the next week. A dose of positivity and possibility that you can cling to when the process of writing gets tough.
I don’t promote it as a bonus, because, well, it’s NOT. It’s more the bow on top of the package – pretty but not NEEDED.
What you need to write your book is what you GET in the course:
- Kim’s full “Story Path” System ($5000 value) this is the exact same PROVEN system that has helped authors JUST LIKE YOU write their books
- Students-Only Facebook Community ($3750 value) where you can find your accountability buddy, access the group Q&A call, and have ongoing support
- Monthly Group Q&A Call ($2000 value) so you have MY brain on your book — and hear from your fellow message-driven authors.
- How to Take Author Headshots ($400 value) so that your readers can instantly connect with you.
- About the Author Action Sheet ($500 value) so you can easily write your author bio for the book, your marketing, and speaking gigs!
- Software Recommendations ($1000 value) so you know exactly what you need to write your book and don’t waste time “shopping” for programs.
- CTA worksheet ($500 value) — so you can have your readers take actions (buying a course or getting on your list) without having your book read like a long-form sales letter OR leaving the “work with me” to be an afterthought.
- And more!
Affirmations aren’t the make-or-break key to writing your book.
A proven system and guided support IS.
In my free virtual training, “5 Proven Steps to Finally Write Your Book”, I go over how to get more writing done (without sacrifice), the #1 Mental Monster™ that keeps you stuck (and what to do about it), why you shouldn’t use your ‘signature talk’ as your book (and why not!), AND I walk you through my proven steps to writing your book.
- Daily Actions for Bootstrapping Your Book - September 19, 2023
- 3 Honest Truths About Connecting with Your Divine Calling - September 12, 2023
- Steal Bestseller Secrets for Shifting Your Mood – Instantly – to Get Back into the Writing Flow - September 5, 2023