For most of the year, I’m talking about writing your book. But for the next few weeks, until May 31, I get to focus on publishing and marketing your book – leading up to an invite for you to join me at “Your Bestseller – LIVE! Market Your Message to Bestseller Status” happening virtually June 9-11, 2020.
During our 3 (virtual) days together, you will learn:
- Exactly what it takes to have a best-selling book and how it will open doors to media, speaking, and more clients.
- The steps to uncover your powerful message so you can move your readers – and change their lives.
- How to cash in on the momentum and excitement created by your bestseller launch so you can fill your events or programs with ease.
- How to use your book to be seen as a marketplace expert – and leverage that into opportunities you never thought were possible.
- Why it’s never too early to think about your marketing – even before the book is written – and how to leverage that plan into your writing.
- The differences between a best-selling book launch and any other type of online launch.
So let me give you my top five book marketing tips. (Hint: #5 is going to be that you need to come to the event.)
1. Cultivate Your People
It isn’t enough to ONLY talk to your tribe (email or social media) when you’re launching. That says:
I only want you when I want your money!
You’ve got to cultivate that relationship YEAR ROUND, week in and week out. If you’ve watched me at all, you’ll know that EVERY Tuesday I post an article and send out an email. Every.Single.Tuesday. (And I have for the last eight years!)It isn’t enough to ONLY use your list when you’re launching. That says: I only want your money! You’ve got to cultivate a relationship YEAR ROUND, week in & week out. Click To Tweet
Not to brag (much) but this way that we stay in contact is critical. It allows me to be top of mind, and top of your inbox.
Where I don’t do a great job is on social media. While I might post on Facebook a few times a week, I’m not always intentional ENOUGH about talking to my people. Reminding them how I can help them and offering more value.
We’re going to talk about how to do this – without making yourself crazy – at “Your Bestseller – LIVE! Market Your Message to Bestseller Status”. Register Here.
2. An “Older” Book CAN be a Bestseller
So you published your book and you’re getting lackluster sales. Or no sales at all.
That doesn’t mean you should throw in the towel! Or write it off.
For my client, Holly Doherty, we took a book that was already published, “The Self-Worth Solution for Smart Entrepreneurs: Know Your Self-Worth, Grow Your Net Worth” and did a launch that created a bestseller AND sparked additional, long-term sales.
The thing to remember is that books are a long-term way to share your message. A book launch, as powerful as it is, is a moment in time. Your book has staying power!
One of my books regularly hits the bestseller in its genre every summer (it’s a book of campfire stories) and then slips down the charts the rest of the year. Regardless, that title alone brings me thousands of dollars every year – and shares my message.
At “Your Bestseller – LIVE! Market Your Message to Bestseller Status”, we’ll be going deep into how you can make sure that your book IS positioned for long-term sales.