This is another one of those emails that boils down to, “You do you, boo.”
Because what might work for one author’s writing space makes YOU crazy!
Here’s what you MUST HAVE for maximum luxury and productivity:
Tools you love.
That’s a chair/bed/couch that supports your body.Discover what you MUST HAVE for maximum luxury and productivity for your writing space. Click To Tweet
- For me, it’s my dual monitors, ergonomic keyboard, and adjustable chair.
- For you, it might be your laptop propped up in your bed with a neck warmer around your shoulders.
- Or maybe it’s your notebook, pen, and couch – with a stack of magazines to stiffen your notebook.
EITHER way works… IF it works for you.
What doesn’t work for long is when you’re fighting with your writing space.
While I can (and do) write from the laptop from either the couch or bed, in the early morning hours before my family wakes up, it’s not my writing space set up of choice. My office is off limits though as it shares a wall with Little Bean’s room and I DO wake her up. (Defeats the purpose of getting up early to write!)
Here’s a tip:
The more time you spend AGONIZING about setting up the PERFECT writing space… the less time you spend WRITING.The more time you spend AGONIZING about setting up the PERFECT writing space… the less time you spend WRITING. Click To Tweet
Try it out, make adjustments, and GO!
Be sure to send me pictures of your writing space – I’d love to see them! You can reply to this email or post on Instagram and tag me with @kim.a.galloway and the hashtag #writingspace
- The hidden days in EVERY year are almost here! What’s your plan? - December 5, 2023
- Do Authors Need to “Get Out There”? – aka Are You Afraid of Being Seen? - November 28, 2023
- 56 Best Gifts for Authors – 2023 - November 21, 2023