This is the #1 reason people tell me they aren’t writing their book:
I can’t find time to write.
Notice I said AREN’T writing their book, not CAN’T. (The ‘can’t’ answers are usually more along the lines of a lack of knowledge.)
Okay author, I’m going to give you radical advice for CREATING time to write:
DECIDE that you can get a lot done in a little amount of time.Radical advice for CREATING time to write: DECIDE that you can get a lot done in a little amount of time. Click To Tweet
It can feel… icky.
Like you aren’t honoring creativity to use cracks of time to write.
It can also feel overwhelming like you can’t have break from your job, business, kids, other WORK, because you’re now using that “break time” to write.
Deep breath because this mindset shift IS radical.
DECIDE that you can get words on the page – any words – in micro amounts of time.
That’s what you’re doing right now.
- Not finding cracks of time.
- Not planning what you’ll do in those tiny amounts.
- Not writing.
You’re shifting your mindset to USE those cracks of time. And that it’s okay to write for 10 minutes in the school pick up line instead of scrolling Instagram.
It’s also about the decision that you can write, make progress on your book, when you DON’T have hours to work on it.
This decision can set you free – and help you create TONS of time to write.
But only if you’ll DECIDE:
- that you can get a lot done in a little amount of time.
- that you can get words on the page – any words – in micro amounts of time.
- that you can make progress on your book when you DON’T have hours to work on it.
- that words on the page are better than the angst and guilt of not writing.
- that so much can be fixed in editing – but not having anything TO edit isn’t fixable.
One key to using the cracks of time successfully is having a plan. Which is exactly why I created Outline Oyster – One afternoon to write the living, breathing outline – one that keeps you on track, motivated to write, and is ANYTHING but boring or stodgy.
In this easy-to-consume-and-do course, you get:
- 18 bite-sized lessons (between 2 and 9 minutes each) that you can easily watch in an afternoon.
- Downloadable worksheets for each lesson where you can capture your bigger a-has.
- Perfect Outline Template – this is the idea that started it all. Download this so you can create your perfect book outline FAST.
- Lifetime access to the course and any updates.
- Invite to “Kim’s Authors: Student Group for New Frontier Books” – a private Facebook group for my students where you can get your questions answered and meet other like-minded authors.
Learn more and Enroll >>> Use Coupon Code OUTLINE2024 for a discount!