If you ever read the author acknowledgements page in a book, you’ll often find a shoutout to a band where the author says,
“I want to thank Air Pistolas for their heavy-metal album “Shredded Tacos” – I played it on repeat while I was writing.”
Music touches our souls – and the RIGHT music can make the writing process easier.
And when the wrong music is playing in the background… heaven help us all because the writing process fully stalls out.
So what IS the best playlist?
This is one of those answers that is true and frustrating…
Whatever works for YOUR process!
What do *I* have in the background when I write?
Are you ready…
My washing machine and dryer.
Yep, for ME, the best writing music isn’t music at all. It’s the “pink” noise of my washing machine and dryer. (White noise is an even, constant sound with little variation. MY dryer is a constant noise (white) whereas my washer changes throughout the cycles (pink.))
The best writing playlist is the one that works for YOU. Something that fades into the background enough that you can think but fills up the background noise spaces enough you aren’t “listening for something” and driving your nervous system crazy.
How do you find YOUR must-have writing playlist?
By enrolling in “Finally Write Your Book!”
In fact, I cover all this and MORE in my proven course, “Finally Write Your Book.” It guides you through my 5-step process to go from idea to finished book – easily and without getting derailed or lost.
Inside the course, you’ll get:
- Kim’s full “Story Path” System ($5000 value) this is the exact same PROVEN system that has helped authors JUST LIKE YOU write their books
- Students-Only Facebook Community ($3750 value) where you can find your accountability buddy, access the group Q&A call, and have ongoing support
- Monthly Group Q&A Call ($2000 value) so you have MY brain on your book — and hear from your fellow message-driven authors.
- How to Take Author Headshots ($400 value) so that your readers can instantly connect with you.
- About the Author Action Sheet ($500 value) so you can easily write your author bio for the book, your marketing, and speaking gigs!
- Software Recommendations ($1000 value) so you know exactly what you need to write your book and don’t waste time “shopping” for programs.
- CTA worksheet ($500 value) — so you can have your readers take actions (buying a course or getting on your list) without having your book read like a long-form sales letter OR leaving the “work with me” to be an afterthought.
- And more!
Writing a book has never been about the PERFECT playlist – but knowing what location, noise, tools, and time of day fuel YOUR writing is part of the process. So in Step 5: WRITING Your Message-Driven Book, you’ll get over 15 lessons on finding the writing process that works for YOU – and then following it.
You can find out how to get MORE writing done… without giving up Netflix, your kids soccer games, or locking yourself in your office (including a few must-know tips for writing productivity) in my free virtual training, “5 Proven Steps to FINALLY Write Your Book.”
- Do Authors Need to “Get Out There”? – aka Are You Afraid of Being Seen? - November 28, 2023
- 56 Best Gifts for Authors – 2023 - November 21, 2023
- Where Hollywood Does Endorsements Wrong (and one celeb that’s right) - November 14, 2023