In some ways this is like asking to I want chocolate sauce or sprinkles on my ice cream… I want both!
Still, a question that I answer a lot is:
“Should I publish an eBook or a paperback?”
That’s a great question! Here’s the quick and easy answer:
I’m a firm believer that you should publish your book in BOTH versions! And here’s why:
- Lower cost to buy – People who are price resistant are more likely to buy it
- Instantly available – If your book solves a pain, people don’t want to wait for their solution
- Available anywhere – Printed books though Amazon aren’t available in all countries (or its cost prohibitive to ship!) so an eBook solves that problem
- Wave of the future – Just like postal mail, printed books are never going away but eBooks are the current technology
- Highly portable – Big or small, your book weighs exactly the same as the eReader used to read it
- Private – so if you’re reading something that you don’t want to announce to the world, all they see is the back of your eReader or smartphone.
(Um, I’m not actually thinking about trashy novels here, although that fits as well! I’m really thinking that you might not want your spouse to see you reading a travel guide to Italy if you’re planning a surprise vacation for him!)