I totally understand the quest to be a best-selling author:
- That title can give you credibility to your readers and to your potential clients
- It makes you feel famous
- It sounds cool
Here’s the truth of how being an Amazon Best-Selling Author works:
There are no “checks and balances” and to way to research which books are best-selling books and which… aren’t. That means that you might have been #1 in a category for a matter of minutes – or it might mean that your book never was, you’re just claiming that you’re a best-selling author.Learn the TRUTH about being a best-selling author! Click To Tweet
Then, you have to create your personal decision about what exactly is a best-selling book or a best-selling author.
- Best-selling in a category – no matter how many titles are in the genre?
- #1 or anywhere in the top-ten? Top 5?
- Best-selling in another country – where the competition might be less?
- Kindle book or physical?
- How long do you have to be on the list?
With so much emphasis on book launches and when a book is freshly released, what happens to books that are a year old? Or two? Or FIVE?
Can an older book still be a best-seller?
Teehee – GREAT question! And the answer is (drumroll please)