Today, the first Tuesday in August, marks the fifth anniversary of my weekly blog post and weekly email newsletter.
That’s five years without a single “I don’t feel like it, I’ll skip it this week.”
Gotta say though, that statement makes it sound like every Tuesday I DO want to write an article.
Some weeks I do. Some weeks I really, honestly don’t.
I’m human. Sometimes I’m sick or tired or bored or nursing or even MAD at you. (Seriously, the fourth anniversary, I was PISSED at all of you and spent the afternoon in tears.)
But I don’t let my emotions dictate my actions.
Because on August 6, 2013, I made a commitment to myself that I would, without fail and no matter what, talk to you. I would publish an article (yes, sometimes I recycle!) and I would email my tribe.
That commitment is an unbreakable agreement between myself and… me. You reap some of the benefits, you do, but I get the lion’s share. Because week after week, I reaffirm my commitment to what I’m doing. It’s a weekly deposit in my Dream Account and the dividends are huge.
A bit of backstory…
I did take classes in how to have an effective blog and how to create a quality email newsletter BEFORE I started this adventure. I invested in the structure and the mentorship to allow me to be successful.
So let me ask you:
- What’s keeping you from consistent action toward your dreams?
- Why haven’t you invested in yourself and gotten the mentorship that you need to be successful?
- Why do you still allow things that don’t matter (you know what those things are!) to suck your time and keep you from creating your dreams?
I know those are Big Questions. But I want you to really think it through.
Then, I want you to take an action – a big, positive action.
I want you to join me at “Your Bestseller – LIVE! Market Your Message to Bestseller.” Get your ticket. Book the travel. Take the time away from work, kids, and your “busy” and invest in yourself, in your dream, in your message.
Because the world needs you. And you need to do what it takes to make it happen.
- The hidden days in EVERY year are almost here! What’s your plan? - December 5, 2023
- Do Authors Need to “Get Out There”? – aka Are You Afraid of Being Seen? - November 28, 2023
- 56 Best Gifts for Authors – 2023 - November 21, 2023