Last Tuesday, my long-time client Julie Zolfo launched her book. And made it into the bestseller list in ELEVEN categories.
This is a big deal. And she’s STILL riding the wave of awesome – speaking gigs, book promo, and sharing the excitement.
It’s so EASY to look at the end and think, “Of course it happened for HER. She’s got [insert some bogus story here].”
So let me give you the BEHIND the scenes of the writing process.
Because we instantly jump to the LAUNCH. The excitement of the bestseller status. The beauty of the cover (and it is beautiful.) And it’s too easy to feel like this is an overnight sensation.
The truth of the matter is both far less glamorous AND really inspiring.
Because books aren’t written in a weekend. Or a month. Or, often, even a few months.
Books are written in days.
One day at a time. Over and over and over.
And there’s no shortcut. It’s putting words on the page, editing them, loving them, hating them, and doing it again.
The best news about that is that YOU can do it. Yes, you. The one sitting right there, reading these words.
And you also don’t have to do this alone. Julie came to me with a mountain of STUFF – notes and ideas and acronyms for processes and systems. I probably COULD have pulled a “book” out of that pile. Looking back, I’m thinking that may have even been our plan.
But instead, we did what I do with ALL my clients.
Start at the beginning:
What’s your message.
Learn the process:
How to tell a story. How to make it compelling. How to move the reader’s emotions.
Do that. Over and over and over.
Now, here’s a truth for you:
Doing it over and over and over is often hard. Frustrating. Lots of “effort” for little “results.” And more often than not, brings up all your Mental Monsters saying, “Are you even DOING this right? Nobody is going to read THIS? Who are YOU to write this book?”
Deep breath, my fellow author.
Because you do NOT have to do this alone. And you don’t have to figure out the process alone. You don’t have to struggle.
And while you can’t write a book in a weekend, I can give you the tools you’ll need – in just three days.
Registration is open for “Brew Your Book: Stop “Percolating” on Your Message and FINALLY Write Your Book” and I want you to join me. Tickets are just $97.
This is a live and virtual 3-day event happening September 21-23, 2021. In just three days, you’ll learn how to write a powerful book that shares your message – without struggling to get the writing done.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The steps to uncover your powerful message so you can move your readers – and change their lives.
- Exactly how to write powerfully and easily – even if you think you’re not a writer or struggle with expressing yourself in written word.
- What needs to go into the book and what doesn’t so that your reader feels that you understand them – and are here to help.
- How to deal with procrastination, writer’s block, overwhelm, and lack of motivation so that you’re able to keep going – moving forward and making steady progress – even if your inspiration gets derailed.
- My proven method to consistently finding the time to write no matter how busy your life is!
- How to engage your readers – from the first page – so that they keep reading, and so they recommend your book to their friends.
- How to share your message in a way that your readers will remember – even if they forget the steps of your process, acronym, or system.
- Why writing a book is the best way to be seen as an expert – and how having a book can open doors to interviews, speaking gigs, and more clients.
- And more…
And when you register before August 31, you’ll also receive a physical “Gift Box” from me!
This event WILL sell out so don’t wait!
- Do Authors Need to “Get Out There”? – aka Are You Afraid of Being Seen? - November 28, 2023
- 56 Best Gifts for Authors – 2023 - November 21, 2023
- Where Hollywood Does Endorsements Wrong (and one celeb that’s right) - November 14, 2023